This content is outdated and kept here for reference only!
This page contains the comprehensive version with the installation instructions for LedgerSMB 1.5 (as of 1.5.0) targetting a production installation from release tarballs and deals with these steps:
- Installing the LedgerSMB Perl module dependencies
- Configuring the PostgreSQL server
- Configuring a webserver
- Configuring LedgerSMB
If you already have all of the above, proceed to the "Preparing for first use" guide.
Q: This particular merchant runs Windows. I don't think they have a pole display, though I can check. Ideally, it would be great to accommodate, with or without pole display. If it runs better on Linux, going forward I would propose Linux workstations for new merchants.
Ok. Let's first explain what the problems we have to solve are, then discuss the solutions that are bundled.
These installation instructions are outdated and kept here for reference only!
Check the 1.5 installation instructions up to date instructions.
(Open source accounting/ERP application on Ubuntu Oneric Ocelot Ubuntu 11.10)
Update: mai 2012
We have been working long and hard on 1.3 for some time, so it is time we show some screenshots showing how things will be different. I have chosen three screen shots to highlight our new approach:
1) Bank Reconciliation has been entirely redesigned in 1.3 with a new workflow and it is better designed to handle large numbers of transactions. Additionally you can go back later and review a reconciliation set to see what cleared and what was outstanding. This screen shot shows a report for a work in progress.
3) Payment screen, for single customer/vendor payments
4) Batch payment screen for paying or receiving money from several customers or vendors.
5) Order entry (in this case sales order)
See Getting Started (Developing) for up to date information
By Jeff Kowalczyk (jfkw)
I've been working on my local LedgerSMB deployment customization using the distributed version control system, git. I'm relatively new to git, but it's really helping me in the following areas: