This document looks forward from the last stable public release (currently 1.4). We hope it serves people who wonder when certain features will be implemented or where general development is headed. The document should be taken as a general direction: it is evolving and may be subject to change.
LedgerSMB is being developed as a Core system with many functionalities a business requires. However, some businesses may require different functionalities, or some functionalities may be considered too disruptive to integrate immediately into the core. These functionalities are developed as Add-ons.
High priority items denoted in italics.
1.5.0: Focus on redesign with a few new features
Estimated new features
- Business types and Pricegroups redesign
- Refinements in permission management interface
- Inventory management (partly done in 1.4)
- Fine tuning reports module
- Sales forecasts
- Fine tuning new payment code from 1.3
- Price matrix redesign
- Track events (like appointments) per customer, lead, etc.
- AR/AP invoices and transactions redesign
- GL transactions redesign (partially done in 1.3)
- Sales Opportunity Tracking
- Fine tuning payroll
1.6.0: More redesign aspects
- Fine tuning AR/AP/GL transactions
- Warehouses, parts, and assemblies redesign
- Fine tuning invoices
- Better Human Resources Management
- Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, and Quotations redesign
- LDAP and groupware integration
- Personal Dashboard
2.0.0: Getting rid of the last SQL-Ledger code in LSMB. Moving
everything to the new architecture.
The following add-ons are under development:
- Enhanced Trial Balance (1.3 only, in beta testing, functionality merged into 1.4)
- Extended Project Reports (1.3 only, functionality moved into 1.4)
- LDAP suport with "Using LDAP roles in PostgreSQL" (can someone test it, and report results ?)
Can use Active Directory as LDAP-Server * Nested groups/roles supported
- Amazon Payments (FPS) Integration (in development)
- GnuMed billing extensions for LedgerSMB (planning)
- Payroll (advanced development, but no local rule sets yet)
Sketching of Payroll: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.ledger.smb.devel/3475
- Photo or scan --> OCR for document storage (invoices, receipts) and retrieval