Windows Installation Tutorial: LedgerSMB
(Open source accounting/ERP application on Windows)
Content by Chris Travers, Gene Alexander (source: ledger-smb-users mail list)
Edited by Havard Sorli
This tutorial it not complete, please help us make it better.
- Strawberry Perl for LedgerSMB 1.3.x or trunk.
- a web server - like MS IIS or Apache for Microsoft Windows
Configure your web server to run Perl from CGI script.
Get some info from this articles; Perl on IIS 7 (read the comments about Strawberry Perl) or Perl on Apache: enable mod_rewrite
- PostgreSQL for Microsoft Windows.
Create ledgersmb database who has full rights on the database with user ledgersmb.
- a tested web browser. (Chrome or Firefox for Microsoft Windows)
Internet Explorer 8 or 9 should work, but it's not extensive tested.
- LedgerSMB and get it working. You can install LedgerSMB largely as you would on Linux:
do not use make install at this point.
The only difference between Windows and Linux at that point is that you have to run the appropriate shebang utility (in dists/win32) for your version of Perl.
- Setup a database : The setup and login screen
If you get stuck or need help, feel free to ask questions on the ledger-smb-users mail list. If you need someone to actually do the install for you, there are a few of us who are probably quite happy to do so commercially.