LedgerSMB 1.3.24 released, FCGI and PSGI support
The LedgerSMB development team is proud to release 1.3.24. This release contains a fairly large number of polishing bug-fixes, but also important Plack-related fixes for folks wanting to use LedgerSMB in FCGI and PSGI environments. These fixes ensure that LedgerSMB can be run caching some of the dependencies and thus will be far more responsive than when run as a simple CGI application.
The two most important bug fixes have been the fact that the credit limit calculation has been restored (through 1.3, it always started at 0 used), the errors reconciling accounts with negative balances, and the fact that unapproved transactions were showing on aging reports.
However we have also improved the functionality of the setup.pl, so that it is now possible to use this to add new users to existing databases (for example, if a user is not created for some reason during the initial setup process, or the administrator is locked out). Additionally we no longer give the option to backup non-existent databases.
I would also like to give a special welcome to Berend Tober who has joined the committers.
You can download LedgerSMB 1.3.24 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ledger-smb/files/ledgersmb/1.3.24/
Please see the complete changelog below for more information.
Changelog for 1.3.24
* Fixed error in msgid for "Add Language" (Havard S, h/t Robert C)
* Moved Makefile.PL to version_from to reduce errors (Chris T, h/t Robert C)
* Prompts added to configure_apache.sh (Berend T)
* Corrected image not showable on html invoice (Chris T)
* Fixed invoice date not printing on checks (Chris T, h/t Neil S)
* Changed INSTALL to do make test, not of make install (Chris T h/t Kevin B)
* Fixed framework for printing parts tumbnails in invoices (Chris T)
* Upgrade now handles nulls in model field of makemodel (Chris T)
* Fixed issue with comment in account.sql (Chris T)
* Removed unused Subcontractor GIFI field (Chris T, h/t Erik H)
* Changed upgrade screen to pull AR/AP numbers (Erik H)
* Rebuild modules after upgrade, ensuring upgrade to latest version (Chris T)
* Fixed credit limit usage calculations (Chris T, h/t Erik H)
* Fixes to get LedgerSMB running clearly using FCGI (Chris T)
* Fixed unapproved transactions showing up on aging reports (Chris T)
* Fixed new window menu item not showing up (Erik H)
* Fixed alignment issue on Contact screen on Chrome (Chris T)
* Fixed cannot reconcile account with negative balance(Havard S, Erik H, h/t Nick P,3586757)
* Documented cache_templates option in ledgersmb.conf (Chris T)
* Fixed internal server error on plack with backups (Chris T)
* Added add user button to setup.pl when LedgerSMB 1.3 db detected (Chris T)
* Backup buttons do not show when no db found (Chris T)
Berend T is Berend Tober
Chris T is Chris Travers
Erik H is Erik Huelsmann
Havard S is Havard Sorli
Kevin B is Kevin Bailey
Neil S is Neil Smith
Robert C is Robert James Clay
Nick P is Nick Prater