Content ©2007-2012 by the original authors. Site hosting and maintenance donated by Freelock.
LedgerSMB 1.3.31 has been release and includes a rather deep fix to our onhand numbers. We recommend that anyone who is shipping or receiving inventory upgrade when you are able, but also direct questions too us if there are questions or concerns about the upgrade process.
In prior versions of LedgerSMB, the goods onhand numbers represented goods which had been received, or where an invoice had been received from the vendor minus those goods which were shipped or where invoices were sent. Unfortunately this proved to have some significant blind spots which would in some cases cause the onhand numbers to no longer reflect the goods actually onhand. These problems were inherited from before the fork, but the numbers are important.
To correct these numbers, as of LedgerSMB 1.3.31, inventory movements are not recorded until invoices are recorded. This means we can guarantee more meaningful numbers. In making these changes we have consulted with several users who were shipping or receiving inventory and keeping stock counts. These changes have now been used in production for some time by such users and are considered safe.
If you have questions or concerns about these changes, please direct them to me.
Additionally this release corrects a number of other significant issues. A complete changelog is below.
Changelog for 1.3.31
* Removed spurious commit saving orders (Chris T)
* Removed check for reversing too many sales, since this poses problems
in corner cases with no good solutions (Chris T)
* Fixes to shipping/invoice onhand numbers (Chris T)
* Fixed customer search showing sales rather than billing addresses (Chris T)
* Fixed parts descriptions not showing on inventory actibity report (Chris T)
* Fixed encoding issues when printing from the queue (Chris T, 3602073)
* Fixed spurious commit in Invoice Shipped (Chris T)
* Fixed handling of long notes/descriptions on GL (Chris T, 3603939)
* Fixed handling of translation strings in Contact Search (Chris T, 3604721)
* Fixed handling of spaces in debit/credit cols/gl (Chris T, 3607219)
* Fixed handling of invoice numbers on recurring (Chris T, 3602382)
* Fixed language code changes delayed (Chris T, 3607220)
* Fixed order by on reconciliation screen not working (Chris T, 3607223)
* Fixed country changes to companies not saving (Chris T, 3607437)
* Fixed customer search on address data (Chris T, 3607436)